Monday, February 11, 2013

Tivall Pizza Flavored Potato “Snack” + Coupon


חטיפי תפוחי אדמה ברוטב פיצה של טבעול
Well for starters I'd say these triangle shaped potato bites are more like a side dish of sorts than a “snack”. They kind of reminded me of something between a larger smoother “Tater Tot” or a smaller Potato Levivah. Tivall is marketing them as a snack of sorts geared toward kids/teens to grab when they get home from school. They are supposedly pizza flavored (no cheese- they are parve) and therefore shaped like a very mini slice of pizza.


I would not suggest heating them in the microwave because then they will not be nice and crunchy on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside, as they are intended to be.



Since I really like potato Levivot/pancakes, even if it’s not Chanukah, I did enjoy these Tivall Pizza Flavored Potato Snack but I cannot say I really picked up on any resemblance to pizza. There was a very slight tomato paste/sauce flavor but it was really understated. The fact that I ate them with apple sauce, my favorite way to enjoy Levivot, may have made it even more difficult to pick up on any pizza flavor.


I did think they were way too oily and I had to pat them down quite a bit with a paper towel before I was willing to eat them.


Another thing I would like to point out is that I thought they needed a touch more salt. That really surprised me given that they have 141 milligrams of sodium per 30 gram triangle. I don’t know much about sodium in food but that sounds like a heck of a lot to me. I felt bad sprinkling a few grains of salt on them but that really helped make them way tastier, in my opinion. I’m sure that hiked up the sodium level even more, that’s not a good thing.


Bottom Line: I enjoyed these Tivall Pizza Flavored Potato Snacks, even though I didn’t think of them as a snack but more of a potato pancake side dish. I really did not taste the pizza flavor too much; still they were enjoyable enough. If they were not so oily (and what I think is high in sodium) I may have even considered buying them again in the future. I can definitely see kids and teens enjoying them as a side dish with their schnitzel when they get home from school.


Tivall Pizza Flavored Potato Snacks have no artificial ingredients or preservatives.


If you would like to try them for yourself here is a coupon to get 5NIS off at most of the major supermarkets.

source

Price: 600 gram bag 26.99 NIS


Kosher Parve

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment