Sunday, February 19, 2012

Must's Apple Flavored Cube Gum


I know I'm a little late posting about this gum and you may have tried it by now but this is one of a few posts I was able to salvage from my broken laptop. Since it was written and ready to go I figured I'd post it just in case there were people out there who would be interested in reading it.

I still don't have a new laptop but hope to have one very soon then I'll be able to get back into the swing of posting on a regular basis. Till then thank you for your patience.

עלית מסטיק מאסט קוביות תפוח חמוץ
Must added a new flavor to their Cubed Gums. This time it's Green Apple flavored gum. As I mentioned last March, when Must added Tropical Fruit and Strawberry flavors, I'm not a huge fan of sweet fruit flavored gums but like I wrote in my review of Hubba Bubbas Apple Flavored Gum I do like sour fruit flavored gums to some degree, so I was curious to see if this Must Cubed Apple flavored gum lived up to the word "sour" that Elite wrote on the corner of the box.

When it comes to shape, look and size almost everything about this Apple flavored Must Cubed Gum is the same as the original mint flavored ones (which I reviewed here) one difference is the color, these are a pretty light green apple color.

At first when I tasted this gum I got an overwhelmingly strong artificial green apple flavor that's a bit on the sour side but after about a minute or so of chewing the sour gave way to a very delicate minty taste and the gum turned sweeter as opposed to more sour.

This is by no means a long lasting gum. After less than 10 minutes there was no flavor left in the gum and it was time to get rid of it.

With two cubes in my mouth I was able to create a fairly decent bubble, which I'd say isn’t too bad considering we're talking about a sugar free chewing gum and not a bubble gum.  

Bottom Line: This Must Green Apple Flavored Cubed Gum was exactly what I thought it would be, after the initial overly artificial and slightly sour green apple flavour faded a touch of mint took over. At that point I thought it was OK, mediocre at best, not a total fail but not a hands down win. I'll personally stick to buying a longer lasting mint flavored gum. Then again if someone offers me a Must Green Apple cube I won't necessarily decline it.

5.20 NIS

Kosher Parve OU      
Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment