Sunday, August 7, 2011

Loacker's Quadratini Vanilla Wafers


לואקר - קוואדרטיני קרם וניל
Loacker has added a new flavor; Vanilla, to their Quadratini line of cubed wafers. I think mentioned in my review of Elite's Cubed Wafers how much I prefer Loacker's Quadratini wafers over Elite's, and I know I mentioned in my review of Telma's Vanilla Cornflakes that vanilla is flavor I really enjoy, so a Vanilla Loacker cubed wafer sounded like a "win win" to me. Naturally, I was really excited to try it.   

Milk & Vanilla Sandwich Wafer
Loacker has a "Milk & Vanilla" flavored wafer in their "Sandwich" line of wafers but, to me, a Loacker wafer lover, I find eating a thin Loacker Sandwich wafer a different "experience" to that of eating one of their cubed wafers. Aside from which, this new wafer is just Vanilla whereas the sandwich one is Milk & Vanilla, so I anticipated a difference there too. As it turned out, flavor wise, the cream fillings in the two wafers are quite close. In a "blind" taste test, of the cream fillings (without the wafer) although I did notice a difference, it wasn’t all that dramatic of a difference. I would think that if you like the flavor of the Milk & Vanilla wafer you are likely to enjoy the filling of this new Vanilla one too.
 
As I mentioned above the real difference comes in the "shape" of the wafer; cubed vs. sandwich. I think I would go as far as to say, of all their wafers the Quadratini shape is my favorite, this one was no exception, and I really enjoyed eating it.


Quadratini Vanilla Wafers
The filling of this Loacker wafer was soft, creamy and full of flavor. Plus there was a nice amount of it in each cube; 74% cream filling to be exact. The vanilla flavor was present but definitely not overpowering. All in all the filling lived up to the quality I have come to expect from a Loacker wafer.

I'd say the wafer layers were wonderful too; light and crispy, exactly the way I thought they should and would be.



Loacker Quadratini Vanilla Wafers have no artificial flavors, coloring or preservatives. They do not have any GMOs (genetically modified organisms) and have no hydrogenated fats. They are made with real "Bourbon" vanilla pods.


Bottom Line: I really liked these Loacker Quadratini Vanilla wafers but, being the dark chocolate addict that I am, I tend to choose to indulge in their dark chocolate filled Quadratini wafers. I gotta say though, this vanilla one is likely to become a new "go to" option. On second thought, I think I'll mix the two together, Vanilla and Dark Chocolate cubed Loacker wafers, yeah that sounds perfect to me :)


250 gram bag 13.00 NIS


Kosher Dairy  Under the supervision of Rabbi Yeshua Hadad, Milan and with the approval of the Chief Rabbinate of Israel

 כשר חלבי בהשגחת הרב ישועה חדאד, מילאנו ובאישור הרבנות הראשית לישראל.

BTW: If and when I find local coupons online for products that I've reviewed, I will now be tweeting about them on my twitter account, so to be "kept in the loop" feel free follow me at

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.


The Haveil Havalim Blog Carnival is now up on Homeshuling's blog

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of mixing the vanilla and chocolate ;) they should sell a party mix package ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow what a great idea I should write to them and suggest that they make a party mix:) clever..thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently got to taste these Loacker vanilla wafers and they are probably my new favorite wafer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool that you liked them :) I really think that Loacker does a great job making wafers glad you found a new favorite:)

    ReplyDelete