Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Five's "Evolution" Sugar Free Gum

Five, who not too long ago gave us the Watermelon Flavored Gum, have now put out their next new gum called "Evolution …a sour to sweet citrus pear gum"


 מסטיק פייב בטעם אגס וליים 


Considering that I didn’t love the watermelon flavored gum I wasn’t sure if I should even taste this new Five gum. But when I read that it's a "sour to sweet citrus flavor" I was intrigued. I wasn’t sure how I would feel about the pear flavor they added at the end; I don’t really care for sweet fruit flavored gums, but I do like sour/lemon flavors, so that convinced me to give this gum a try.

When I opened the package and the strong "sweet" pear aroma hit me I was worried that I wouldn’t like it but I was pleasantly surprised that the Five Evolution Gum actually lived up exactly to what the label said it would be. It started out as a sour lime tangy flavor, which I really liked, and then slowly as I chewed it I noticed a hint of sweetness and just a drop of pear. The sweet and sour (tangy) flavors "took turns" popping in and out but as a whole I thought it was more sour than sweet, I really liked that.




I actually looked at the clock when I first put the gum in my mouth so I can see how long the flavor lasted, problem is I got busy with something else and I forgot to check the clock when I threw the gum out, but it was roughly half an hour, so I would absolutely categorize this Five Evolution Gum as "long lasting".

Bottom Line: I thought Five chose the perfect name for this new gum. "Evolution" precisely describes this sour to sweet stick of sugar free gum. I enjoyed the "sensation" and mix of flavors that I tasted while chewing it. It may not become my new "go to" gum but I think I will pick it up from time to time when it's on sale and I want something a little different than the mint I normally go for.

12 sticks of gum – 6.50 NIS

Kosher Parve Badatz KF London approved by Chief Rabbinate Israel




Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment