Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Vitaminchick Peach Ice-Tea

ויטמינצ'יק תה קר
Keeping kids hydrated on a hot Israeli summer's day without giving them highly caloric, junk filled drinks can be somewhat of a challenge. That’s where Vitaminchick tried to step in and be the answer you're looking for. Vitaminchick is a fruit flavored syrup, with added vitamins, intended to be mixed with water to make a fun flavorful drink for kids, that is both enjoyable and still "good for them". The only problem is Vitaminchick really isn't all that good for them, considering that the first ingredient in the syrup is sugar.

Vitaminchick's two new flavors are Mango Ice-Tea and Peach Ice-Tea. I tasted the Peach Ice-Tea.

If I'm not mistaken these are the first two ice-tea flavors for them. They already have raspberry, grape, pineapple, lemon and apple Vitaminchicks. So although mango or peach ice-tea doesn't seem to me to be a "go to" flavor for kids I think Vitaminchick is just trying to branch out and add more flavors.

According to the packaging each 1 liter bottle of Vitaminchick syrup can make about 45 cups of ice-tea, but I used way less than the suggested 1 cup of syrup for 8 cups of water and I thought it was still more than enough flavor for me. At this rate the bottle I have will last me "forever"!

Even with the small amount of syrup I used I could clearly smell and taste that I was drinking a peach flavored ice-tea. Although I know it's made of all natural ingredients and has no artificial food coloring or preservatives the Vitaminchick still somehow seemed to have an artificial taste and flavor that I really did not enjoy.

It might taste better frozen; as peach ice-tea flavored ices, but as a drink I didn't find it as refreshing and enjoyable as ice-tea made from real tea or herb and fruit infusions. It wasn’t awful but for me it wasn’t a winner either.

The vitamins added to the ice-tea mixture are B3, B5 and B6 which I understand help with healthy growth and development in children as well as give them a boost of energy. The syrup also has B12 vitamin added, which among other things, is known to help carry oxygen more efficiently to the body.

Bottom Line: When compared to other drink options on the market for kids these days, Vitaminchick does have a few benefits but for me it wasn’t tasty enough to "put up" with its "downfalls". So I can't see myself buying Vitaminchicks Ice-Tea syrup again.

1 Liter Bottle – 11.99 NIS

Kosher Badatz

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment