Friday, June 3, 2011

Osem's Apropo Italiano Corn-Snack

אסם אפרופו איטליאנו
For the first time Osem has decided to develop a flavored version of their popular and successful corn-snack. This new Apropo is being called Apropo Italiano.

Apropo Italiano is the same crispy cone shaped snack as the original Apropo but with an "Italian" flavor. In fact the flavor they added is made of red pepper, onion and garlic. I have no idea how or why they are calling it Italian. I enjoyed the flavor to some extent but nothing about it seemed Italian to me.

The Italiano Apropo is a little spicy but not too hot. I thought it was an interesting flavor that worked well on the Aporpo snack. Still, I didn’t think it was all that different or extra ordinary. It's not a flavor that we have yet to taste on other corn or potato type snacks. So although I would not say it's a new flavor it is new for this specific snack.

The cone shape of the Apropo snack is somewhat conducive to scooping up a dip, maybe not as easily as with the "Doritos Dip" Chips, but still some of my friends really enjoy eating the Apropo with soft cheese and dips, so this new Italiano flavored Apropo can be a nice addition to your Shavuot cheese spread table.  

Apropo Italiano has no artificial food coloring and no preservatives added.

Bottom Line: Although I thought this New Italian flavored Apropo was an enjoyable enough snack I personally much prefer the original, delicate and simple Apropo. I also don’t really understand what makes this an Italian flavor. Then again, I think many who enjoy a somewhat spicy/savory snack will not care about the name Osem chose for this Apropo, but they will enjoy the taste.


50 gram bag - 4.29 NIS

Kosher Parve Badatz
 
Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment