Sunday, May 8, 2011

Osem's New Apple-Cinnamon Cake


עלית עוגת תפוח-קינמון עם נגיעות תפוחים

Somehow I associate Apple-Cinnamon as a winter flavor, so I was kind of surprised to see that one of Osem's new "summer cakes" is an Apple-Cinnamon with a touch of Apples Cake. There is also a New Chocolate with a touch of Wild-Berries Cake on the shelf, to me that makes more sense as a summer flavor.

I was hesitant to buy the new Osem cakes given that I really didn't enjoying Osem's Kosher for Passover Cake. Then the other day I went to visit a neighbor and I noticed Osem's New Apple-Cinnamon Cake sitting on her counter. I didn't object when she offered me a slice.

My first impression was that the cake is simply too sweet. After reading the label, that didn’t surprise me considering that sugar is the first ingredient, and there is more than one form of sugar in this cake.

I didn’t like the oats scattered on top of the cake. They were harder than the soft fluffy cake and the contrast of textures bothered me.

At first I didn’t think there was too much apple or cinnamon in the cake. There seemed to be the perfect amount of each but then I got this sharp spicy aftertaste that convinced me there was way too much cinnamon in the mix. It was an awful ending to a bad cake. 

Reading the label, seeing all the artificial things added to the cake, made me more convinced than ever that I made the right choice by not purchasing this cake in the first place.

Bottom Line: I enjoyed the visit with my neighbor but neither of us really enjoyed Osem's New Apple-Cinnamon Cake. I was glad I didn’t buy it and I have no intention of buying it in the future.


330 gram cake- 11.49 NIS

Kosher Parve - OU and Rabbinate Nazareth-Illit


   
Disclaimer: The cake was purchased by my neighbor. No one is paying me or my neighbor for this review. All opinions are my own.

This week's edition of Haveil Havalim Blog Carnival is up on



No comments:

Post a Comment