Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Kellogg's Special K Oats & Honey Cereal

ספיישל קיי דבש ושיבולת שועל
There's a new Kellogg's Special K product, in the ever expanding cereal aisle, here in Israel. Granted we still have less cereal options than your average supermarket in the U.S. but it seems to me that recently we've been closing the gap faster and faster. I guess there's a market for it so they keep importing or locally manufacturing more and more different options.

After not really being impressed with Telma's newest creation "Thin/Finer Cornflakes" I was actually glad to see this new "Special K with Oats & Honey" on the shelf and wanted to try it.

This new cereal has oats and honey added to the classic and very successful Special K cereal by Kellogg's.

Special K Oats & Honey has less than 3% fat per serving. They have added 9 vitamins and minerals, including iron and folic acid as well as many B vitamins, to the mix.

Special K Oats & Honey is made with whole wheat and white flours but has whole oats and puffed whole rice in it as well.

When I tasted Special K Oats & Honey, dry, without milk I found it crispy and "honey sweet". I didn’t mind the rolled oats mixed in but I didn’t think they added all that much. I did however, enjoy the taste and texture of the puffed rice. I thought it was a nice and somewhat unique addition.

As I mentioned in my review of Nestle Crunch Duo Cereal as well as other cereal reviews I've done, I tend to prefer cereals dry, without milk. Surprisingly this time I much preferred the Special K Oats & Honey with milk.

The rolled oats and rice kind of "puffed up" in the milk and were a wonderful addition to the honey covered Special K wheat-flakes. The cereal was sweet but not overly so. I was pleasantly surprised that the wheat-flakes stayed fairly crispy and crunchy until the last spoonful. All in all it was a winning combination and an enjoyable bowl of cereal.

Bottom Line: I liked the Special K Oats & Honey cereal. I thought it had a nice mix of flavors and textures. It's one of the only cereals I prefer with milk, for breakfast, as opposed to a dry snack. I just wish it wasn't so relatively expensive, compared to other cereals sold here.

425 gram box -27.99 NIS

Kosher Dairy Chef Rabbinate Israel
אבקת חלב נוכרי


Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment