Thursday, February 17, 2011

Shavit's Pomegranate-Seed Oil Natural Shampoo

Pomegranate-seed oil has become somewhat popular in anti aging cosmetics and toiletries. Recent studies have shown it has a wide variety of benefits for our skin and body. This natural shampoo is enriched with organic pomegranate-seed oil, along with a few other oils, minerals and Dead Sea salts.
Shavait's new natural shampoo is SLS free and it doesn't get the same lather as chemical filled ones do, but, lather is not what hair needs in-order to get clean. I have been using a SLS free natural shampoo from Kamilotract for quite a while now and I really like it. I do not miss the lather my old shampoos had.
My hairdresser had told me many times ,that it's healthy for your hair to change up your shampoo, for a bit, every once and a while. When I saw the pomegranate-seed oil shampoo I wanted to give it a try as my hair "rested" from its usual Kamilotract shampoo.
In order to give a proper review of a shampoo, or the like, I would want to use the product for a longer period of time to see if it lives up to the promises advertised. In this case I used Shavit's shampoo for only two weeks and wanted to stop using it. My hair is naturally dry, being blessed to live in sun-filled Israel has made it even more dry. I thought the pomegranate-seed and other oils in the shampoo might help add moisture to my hair but instead this shampoo left my hair extremely dry and frizzy.
I don't know if over time there would be benefits for my scalp from the pomegranate-seed oil but the immediate dryness was really bothering me I didn’t want to continue using it.
Bottom Line: I assume that people with a different texture hair might find this shampoo perfect for them but for me it was just the wrong choice.
For more information about Shavit and their other products here is a link to the English page on their website.
300 ml, 10.5 fl. oz - 49.99 NIS
I purchased it on sale at Superpharm for 19.99 NIS
Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me.  No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment